Welcome to the Divorce Assistant
We specialise in providing affordable divorce applications and preparing supporting court documentation. Our reasonable prices are fixed and you’ll have peace of mind knowing you don’t need to navigate your own way through the legal system.
There is no one size fits all scenario when it comes time to file an application for divorce. Some applications are straight forward and others may require additional work. Here are just a few of the different scenarios that may relate to you:
- You may have lived as a separated couple with your spouse leading up to filing the application, or still continue to do so.
- You may not know the whereabouts of your spouse if you have lost communication or family violence has occurred.
- You may have been married for less than two years and require a counselling certificate or affidavit.
- You may need you marriage certificate translated by a NAATI certified translator.
- You may not have a copy of your marriage certificate.
- You may have had trouble serving the documents on your spouse and need to make an application to the court for Substituted Service or Dispensation of Service.
- You may have a spouse that no longer resides in Australia
- You may want to make a sole application and have all the information you need
- You may feel that a joint application is a great option for you.
- There may be a current or pending court application in progress
Whatever your circumstance, we’re here to help and we always recommend seeking legal advice.
Please know that property and parenting matters are treated separately to a divorce application. A divorce application will finalise the end of a marriage and you will have 12 months from the date the divorce is granted to file an application in court for property orders. There are no time limits applicable to court applications for parenting orders.
Service of documents
Family Violence Support
Contact us for a no obligation consultation
For more information please leave an enquiry and we’ll be in touch.